25 April 2008

A sad note



Recently I received a touching note from a client who visited us in Decemeber:

Dear Jeff,
I wanted to let you know my family was very happy with our portraits. I also wanted to let you know that my father passed away about 6 weeks after our portrait session. Thus what started as a nice family portrait session, came to have very special meaning to us.

We were so happy to have portraits of him, old yes, but smiling and full of life with his extended family.

When I picked up the framed portrait of the family my father had just gone into hospice. We placed the portrait in his room and it gave the staff an understanding that he was the patriarch of a loving family.

One of my father's last pleasures in life was seeing that portrait in his room. Thank you for your kindness and your great photography.

Sincerely,
Janet Glenn