07 July 2011

PPA degree ribbons and medallions.

As a professional in the photography business who isn't a photographer, the world of the Professional Photographers of America is one of mysteries- namely, degrees and merits. If I were to accompany Jeff and Carolle to a PPA convention, the ribbons and medallions decorating photographers would spell a litany of awards and years of hard work to a trained eye . . . but not to me.



According to Jeff, I'm not the only one out there wondering. Shortly after returning from the PPA National Convention in San Antonio a few months ago, Jeff set out to complete a project that described the degrees to folks like myself and photographers new to the world of PPA.

Jeff's work can be found on the PPA website (where I snagged all these images) . . . we encourage you to check it out and read into the award world of professional photographers.
~Abby

No comments: